Kia Manawanui provides authentic learning experiences with a focus on Literacy and Numeracy and building Key Competencies to prepare students for life beyond the classroom. Areas of learning are integrated and based on experiences in the wider community. Students produce portfolios of work based on individual goals and interests.
Kia Manawanui provides learning support for students with a range of learning needs. A range of opportunities for inclusion are provided for students who are ORRS funded, staff plan collaboratively with agencies and whanau to ensure the setting and monitoring of individual goals. Students participate in a range of learning programmes and extra-curricular activities.
Students get involved in a host of programmes and activities that both challenge and stimulate their learning including:
- Individual education plans.
- Education outside the classroom.
- Swimming classes, therapy pool.
- Access to visiting specialists for vision, hearing, speech, language and neurodevelopmental.
- Access to mainstream subjects, e.g. PE, Art, Music, Cooking and ICT.
- Special Olympics – football, basketball, swimming.